Upcoming Events
  • May 1 -> Rising Senior Night (for class of 2025 and their guardians!)
  • May 6 -> Senior Awards Night and Decision Ceremony
  • May 6-> AP Government and AP Art History Exams
  • May 7->AP Seminar Exam
  • May 8->AP Comp Sci A Exam
  • May 9-> Blood Drive on Campus - Donate if you can!
  • May 10-> FIELD DAY!!
  • May 13-14 -> SENIOR FINAL EXAMS
  • May 13-> AP Calculus Exam
  • May 14-> AP Physics C Exam
  • May 15-> AP World History and AP Comp Sci Exams
  • May 16->AP Spanish and AP Bio Exams
  • May 16-> Underclassmen Awards Night and NHS Induction Ceremony
  • May 17->AP Physics Exam
  • May 20-> Senior Breakfast
  • May 21-> Senior Walk
  • May 21-23-> FINAL EXAMS - schedule coming soon
  • May 22-> Senior Trip
  • May 23-> Grad practice 10 a.m.
  • May 23-> Last Day of School (early release at 2:30 p.m.)
  • May 24- GRADUATION for Class of 2024 at PHS 4 p.m.
The Student News Site of Hill Country College Preparatory High School

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

‘This year is – not- our year’

Cowboy’s Season Comes To Abrupt End
Streeter Lecka/Getty Images/file
The Dallas Cowboys Season in Shambles

The NFL Playoffs were filled with upsets and big wins. Many teams looking for a Superbowl run had their hopes cut short in the opening playoff games. The Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers game had one of the more surprising outcomes of the year. 

The Dallas Cowboys were heavy favorites coming into this game, they were ranked second overall in the National Football Conference and looked to have a deep push into the playoffs and maybe even become Super Bowl contenders. This game was supposed to be a quick warm-up game for the Cowboys but the Packers played to win.

The Dallas Cowboys had a very impactful regular season. They had 12 wins and 5 losses and they won the NFC East. The franchise was on its way to the playoffs with great potential. They had already defeated good teams like the Eagles and the Lions. They seemed to have found their rhythm and were looking at a successful post-season, but they were cut short by the Green Bay Packers with a loss of 32-48. 

With this, the media began speculating that Head Coach Mike McCarthy’s job might be on the line. But the Cowboys’ front office doubled down and ensured McCarthy was in their future. QB Dak Prescott is entering the last year of his contract and has entered negotiations with the front office. The media is speculating that the Cowboys will give Prescott a new contract since he is considered a Top-10 Passer in the NFL.

All these uncertainties come with anger from fans who want a change in the franchise. They want to be able to rely on the team when the going gets rough, be able to beat teams during the postseason, and be Super Bowl Contenders.