Upcoming Events
  • May 1 -> Rising Senior Night (for class of 2025 and their guardians!)
  • May 6 -> Senior Awards Night and Decision Ceremony
  • May 6-> AP Government and AP Art History Exams
  • May 7->AP Seminar Exam
  • May 8->AP Comp Sci A Exam
  • May 9-> Blood Drive on Campus - Donate if you can!
  • May 10-> FIELD DAY!!
  • May 13-14 -> SENIOR FINAL EXAMS
  • May 13-> AP Calculus Exam
  • May 14-> AP Physics C Exam
  • May 15-> AP World History and AP Comp Sci Exams
  • May 16->AP Spanish and AP Bio Exams
  • May 16-> Underclassmen Awards Night and NHS Induction Ceremony
  • May 17->AP Physics Exam
  • May 20-> Senior Breakfast
  • May 21-> Senior Walk
  • May 21-23-> FINAL EXAMS - schedule coming soon
  • May 22-> Senior Trip
  • May 23-> Grad practice 10 a.m.
  • May 23-> Last Day of School (early release at 2:30 p.m.)
  • May 24- GRADUATION for Class of 2024 at PHS 4 p.m.
The Student News Site of Hill Country College Preparatory High School

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

Benson Is Booming

Benson Boone is an American singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist. Boone began sharing his music on TikTok in 2021. He had his first debut on the American Idol stage when he was 18, a year before his first song “Ghost Town” was released in 2021 and charted in 13 countries in 2021. Three years later, his newest song is on Billboard’s Hot 100.

On Friday, Jan. 19, Benson Boone released his newest song “Beautiful Things.” 

“Beautiful Things” creatively explores a new side of the pop genre. Boone seamlessly blends folk and pop influences together while conveying the feeling of not wanting to change back to the person you were before and never wanting to lose the one you love. The lyrics add a lot of meaning to the song and simultaneously tells a relatable story. The song is filled with emotion that shows the feelings that come with knowing that you can lose someone along with the consequences of feeling of taking the little things in life for granted. 

The instrumental builds throughout the song, adding a lot of suspense. With a strong base and a dynamic range, the song often changes pace from fast instrumentals to a slower refresh of melancholy. 

So, fans of Noah Kahan’s mix of soft guitars, powerful drums, and vocals may find Boone’s “Beautiful Things” enjoyable. Boon uses a similar mix of instruments that are popular in the genre as of now. 

Boone explores his relationship with a woman he never wants to lose and how he’s afraid of going back to his old self. He wants the good to last until the end with her. Everyone will like it, the message is universal. All in all, this song dives into how we should be grateful for all the “beautiful things” in life.