Upcoming Events
  • May 9-> Blood Drive on Campus - Donate if you can!
  • May 10-> FIELD DAY!!
  • May 13-14 -> SENIOR FINAL EXAMS
  • May 13-> AP Calculus Exam
  • May 14-> AP Physics C Exam
  • May 15-> AP World History and AP Comp Sci Exams
  • May 16->AP Spanish and AP Bio Exams
  • May 16-> Underclassmen Awards Night and NHS Induction Ceremony
  • May 17->AP Physics Exam
  • May 20-> Senior Breakfast
  • May 21-> Senior Walk
  • May 21-23-> FINAL EXAMS - schedule coming soon
  • May 22-> Senior Trip
  • May 23-> Grad practice 10 a.m.
  • May 23-> Last Day of School (early release at 2:30 p.m.)
  • May 24- GRADUATION for Class of 2024 at PHS 4 p.m.
The Student News Site of Hill Country College Preparatory High School

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

What to Expect for Field Day

A Sneak Peak
Falcons on last year’s Field Day. Photo Courtesy, Mrs. Corres.

Field Day will be this Friday, and will include outdoor and indoor games, along with a separate morning and afternoon schedule like last year. For the past few years, the PE classes have been planning the day out, and this year is no different. 

“I tell them how many games we need to create and they come up with them on their own,” PE teacher Mrs. Leszczewski said. 

All day, there will be a refresher station in the peak, and board games, movies, Just Dance, and a mental break session are going to be available as well. Outside, Gaga ball, table tennis, and chalk will also continue all day. Almost every event will give you points, even those games without competitive nature can contribute to the overall points. 

“If you want to win, stick with the games that are short, but can get you a lot of points,” junior Edith Lujan said. “Stuff like ping-pong and Gaga Ball will add up.” 

The outdoor morning games include flag football, tug-a-war, soccer and more. The only indoor activity expected to be limited to the morning this year is the video game room.

As of now, there will be a water balloon toss in the afternoon, accompanied by dry Capture the Flag, ultimate football and an obstacle course. Inside there will also be a lively game of “Hungry Hungry Hippos.”

In the spirit of keeping traditions going, the advisories will compete as teams and the team with the most cumulative points in each grade level will win. The prizes this year are still a secret. Remember to bring sunscreen, deodorant, and a towel and dry change of clothes if you plan on participating in any water games. 

“Expect to get wet,” Lujan said. “Even if you don’t think you will, bring something just in case.”