Upcoming Events
  • May 9-> Blood Drive on Campus - Donate if you can!
  • May 10-> FIELD DAY!!
  • May 13-14 -> SENIOR FINAL EXAMS
  • May 13-> AP Calculus Exam
  • May 14-> AP Physics C Exam
  • May 15-> AP World History and AP Comp Sci Exams
  • May 16->AP Spanish and AP Bio Exams
  • May 16-> Underclassmen Awards Night and NHS Induction Ceremony
  • May 17->AP Physics Exam
  • May 20-> Senior Breakfast
  • May 21-> Senior Walk
  • May 21-23-> FINAL EXAMS - schedule coming soon
  • May 22-> Senior Trip
  • May 23-> Grad practice 10 a.m.
  • May 23-> Last Day of School (early release at 2:30 p.m.)
  • May 24- GRADUATION for Class of 2024 at PHS 4 p.m.
The Student News Site of Hill Country College Preparatory High School

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

Senior Creativity Shines

Brian Murray
Rye Tanaka’s parking spot.

The inaugural seniors received one of many big tastes of upperclassmen privileges over the summer.

The $75 payment for an individualized parking place went to the senior class funds. Students took the opportunity to showcase their individuality by purchasing a parking spot and painting it, a tradition reserved for many seniors nationwide.

“I chose Eeyore for my parking spot because I find the character very relatable, and I wanted to have a little bit of my personality on it,” senior Andy Jaramillo said.

With 36 seniors, a total of 20 spots were sold.

“It’s more interesting here than bigger schools because our class is so small,” senior Rye Tanaka said. “It’s people we’re all familiar with doing these things together.”

But the work isn’t done yet. One spot is still not sold, others are incomplete, and some seniors are looking to make upgrades.

“I would edit mine,” Tanaka said. “I want to add a black outline to my drawing. It’s white, so it really blends in with the concrete right now.”

According to Principal Mrs. Wiley, despite the fact that the official due date for painting has passed, working on parking spots is still possible. The campus will be closed on weekends, but on days with certain clubs or organizations staying late, students can add to their work.

“The seniors’ willingness to put in effort and come in early or stay late really made this fundraiser work,” Senior Class Treasurer Natalie Adkins said.

The money made from this event will finance upcoming senior traditions and has raised the seniors’ funds to $4,766.92.

For additional information regarding purchasing a parking spot and times to work on them, contact Wiley.