Upcoming Events
  • April 20 -> Jr./ Sr. PROM - Tickets on sale NOW!!!
  • April 23 -> US History EOC Exam - 11th grade only
  • April 26 -> NO SCHOOL
  • April 30 -> Algebra I EOC Exam - 9th grade Algebra students only
  • May 1 -> Rising Senior Night (for class of 2025 and their guardians!)
  • May 6 -> Senior Awards Night and Decision Ceremony
  • May 6-> AP Government and AP Art History Exams
  • May 7->AP Seminar Exam
  • May 8->AP Comp Sci A Exam
  • May 9-> Blood Drive on Campus - Donate if you can!
  • May 10-> FIELD DAY!!
The Student News Site of Hill Country College Preparatory High School

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

Update On Hill Country’s Campus Construction

As of Sept. 6, 2023, the new Hill Country College Preparatory High School campus has a concrete foundation and structural beams. Since the campus was first proposed on Jan. 16, 2022, site workers have focused on clearing and leveling a suitable plot of land for the new campus. The school is located at 29975 Wiley Rd. Bulverde, TX.

“They’ve said we’re on track to open on time, but there’s always things that we just can’t control,” Assistant Principal Mr. Horton said.

According to project manager and architect from LPA, Brita Pearson, the estimated completion time for the new campus is the summer of 2024, meaning that the school will most likely be open in time for the 2024-2025 school year.

“There will be a really nice library, there’s going to be a lot of windows and it’ll be open to the dining space and able to function as a nice large gathering space,” Pearson said. “I’m really excited. It’s in a great location, it has amazing views, and I think it will be a great start for this particular kind of program in the district.”

Along with more space, the new school will feature advanced projector screens, collaborative spaces, its own full-sized robotics lab, and a college-career advising center. Some of the new school’s more notable features include outdoor dining with purposeful views, an outdoor amphitheater, retractable walls, and television screens.

The school will have a second story and the capacity to safely hold 500 students while continuing to support the student body. Although this year’s seniors will be unable to attend school at the new campus, Horton aims to represent them in the new building.

“This year’s senior class is a very special class for us because they’re our first students,” Horton said. “They’ve built the traditions that we have here, and they’ve helped build the aesthetics that we have in this building and we don’t want them to go unrecognized, even in the new space.”

Our administration agrees that the current senior class should be able to leave a mark on the new school campus, and are considering different ways of making this happen.

“We want to showcase student opportunity, and any opportunity we have to do that we will certainly take advantage of,” Horton said. “I don’t know what that looks like yet, but I do know that it is part of our ongoing conversations and something that we very much want to make happen.”

As for what will become of our old campus, our administration is not sure.

“I’ve heard eventually that Spring Branch Middle School might grow to the point where it needs to reclaim some of these spaces,” Horton said. “I’ve also heard of the possibility that there is this great program called Life Bridges, I don’t want to speak on what it is because I’m not fully aware, but it is housed in the New Braunfels Area and there has been mention of possibly bringing a similar program over to this side of the district.”

Comal ISD’s official website describes Life Bridges as a New Braunfels-centered program determined to educate disabled people of all ages. The program’s primary purpose is to teach students skills that will help them become more independent in family and community life. Horton speculates that the program could potentially expand to occupy our vacant space, but nothing is confirmed.