Upcoming Events
  • May 1 -> Rising Senior Night (for class of 2025 and their guardians!)
  • May 6 -> Senior Awards Night and Decision Ceremony
  • May 6-> AP Government and AP Art History Exams
  • May 7->AP Seminar Exam
  • May 8->AP Comp Sci A Exam
  • May 9-> Blood Drive on Campus - Donate if you can!
  • May 10-> FIELD DAY!!
  • May 13-14 -> SENIOR FINAL EXAMS
  • May 13-> AP Calculus Exam
  • May 14-> AP Physics C Exam
  • May 15-> AP World History and AP Comp Sci Exams
  • May 16->AP Spanish and AP Bio Exams
  • May 16-> Underclassmen Awards Night and NHS Induction Ceremony
  • May 17->AP Physics Exam
  • May 20-> Senior Breakfast
  • May 21-> Senior Walk
  • May 21-23-> FINAL EXAMS - schedule coming soon
  • May 22-> Senior Trip
  • May 23-> Grad practice 10 a.m.
  • May 23-> Last Day of School (early release at 2:30 p.m.)
  • May 24- GRADUATION for Class of 2024 at PHS 4 p.m.
The Student News Site of Hill Country College Preparatory High School

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

National Day Gifts

Oct.+11%2C+2023+was+National+sausage+pizza+day.+Theis+provided+pizza+for+the+faculty+and+staff.+
Halle Graybill
Oct. 11, 2023 was National sausage pizza day. Theis provided pizza for the faculty and staff.

In her third year of being a falcon, Mrs. Theis makes sure the entire staff has something to look forward to at least once a week with her “National Day” gifts.  

National days give people a reason to celebrate a normal Tuesday. For example, National Salami Day, National Ants On a Log Day and National Peanut Butter Cookie Day; they bring fun to any seemingly regular day. Not everyone celebrates national days, but it’s Theis’s specialty.

“Being at so many different schools, I have not seen or experienced anything like her gifts,” Assistant Principal Mr. Horton said. 

Theis has been giving staff National Day gifts since she worked at her old elementary school. Bringing this tradition with her has had a tremendous impact on the morale of the teachers and staff, giving them something to be a part of while also strengthening relationships. 

“One of her best personality traits is that she loves to celebrate anything worth celebrating,” Campus Instructional Coach Mrs. Linehan said. “She goes all in.” 

In addition to planning and coordinating the details, Theis supplies these gift days with her own time and money.

“It’s very touching and considerate of her to share her time and energy in this way,” Ms. Franklin said. “It always brings a smile to my face when she sends out the message to staff that it’s a national day. Knowing she’s excited makes me happy for her.” 

She doesn’t just do national food days, she also does other national days like National  Play-Doh Day or National Joke Day. Theis never tells them what day it’s going to be, it’s always a surprise for the teachers and staff. 

“Above all, it’s just a very genuine and generous thing to do that we all appreciate,”  Horton said.