Upcoming Events
  • May 9-> Blood Drive on Campus - Donate if you can!
  • May 10-> FIELD DAY!!
  • May 13-14 -> SENIOR FINAL EXAMS
  • May 13-> AP Calculus Exam
  • May 14-> AP Physics C Exam
  • May 15-> AP World History and AP Comp Sci Exams
  • May 16->AP Spanish and AP Bio Exams
  • May 16-> Underclassmen Awards Night and NHS Induction Ceremony
  • May 17->AP Physics Exam
  • May 20-> Senior Breakfast
  • May 21-> Senior Walk
  • May 21-23-> FINAL EXAMS - schedule coming soon
  • May 22-> Senior Trip
  • May 23-> Grad practice 10 a.m.
  • May 23-> Last Day of School (early release at 2:30 p.m.)
  • May 24- GRADUATION for Class of 2024 at PHS 4 p.m.
The Student News Site of Hill Country College Preparatory High School

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

Benson Stays Booming

Benson Boone’s new album has real emotion and soulful lyrics that will hit you hard. With each piece telling a story of growth, love and the rawness of being a human. 

Benson Boone’s new album “Fireworks and Rollerblades” is a rollercoaster of emotions. Each song is woven with vulnerability and just straight-up talent. His voice is a perfect mix of strength and simplicity that carries every lyric, giving us a look into his heart. This album is a demonstration of his growth as an artist. 

The production is just overall very put together, with every song crafted to not only sound good, but to feel like an actual experience. Whether you are looking for an uplifting beat or vocal to get lost in, this album has something for everyone. He has poured his heart into every single song, and you can really feel that. The melodies are super impressive, and his voice just grabs you. It’s one of those albums you can listen to on repeat and can still find new layers in the lyrics and the music. 

The songs “Cry” and “Slow It Down” are two of the best songs on this album. They both have this amazing way of telling a story. Slow It Down talks about the complexities of overthinking in a relationship and how it can hurt you, while “Cry” talks about the manipulative relationship and standing up for yourself against it.  

Boone has really outdone everything he has done before, making an album that resonates with the listener on an intimate level. He’s worth a listen if you are into artists who put a piece of themselves into all their works. It’s something that you don’t want to miss out on.