Upcoming Events
  • May 9-> Blood Drive on Campus - Donate if you can!
  • May 10-> FIELD DAY!!
  • May 13-14 -> SENIOR FINAL EXAMS
  • May 13-> AP Calculus Exam
  • May 14-> AP Physics C Exam
  • May 15-> AP World History and AP Comp Sci Exams
  • May 16->AP Spanish and AP Bio Exams
  • May 16-> Underclassmen Awards Night and NHS Induction Ceremony
  • May 17->AP Physics Exam
  • May 20-> Senior Breakfast
  • May 21-> Senior Walk
  • May 21-23-> FINAL EXAMS - schedule coming soon
  • May 22-> Senior Trip
  • May 23-> Grad practice 10 a.m.
  • May 23-> Last Day of School (early release at 2:30 p.m.)
  • May 24- GRADUATION for Class of 2024 at PHS 4 p.m.
The Student News Site of Hill Country College Preparatory High School

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

Diego Medina

Courtesy of Photo Texas.

What started as a move from the city ended up being an experience that Diego Medina will never forget. In the 2022-2023 school year, Medina moved from a more populated area with his family, causing him to switch schools after spending his freshman and sophomore years at MECHS.  

“I wasn’t going to drive 40 minutes just to get to MECHS and back every day,” Medina said.

Thanks to the move, Medina has expanded his circle, keeping in contact with his old friends while making new ones in his classes. Since he was a young child being asked what he wanted to be when he was older, his response has always been: “an engineer of some kind,” and that has yet to change. He wants to try to get an internship in mechanical engineering, a field he luckily has some connections in, thanks to some of his teachers. 

“I know Mrs. Bolzle’s husband, Dustin, he’s an engineer and we’ve kept in touch,” Medina said. “I have him as an emergency contact.”

As graduation draws closer, he has gotten a clearer picture of what he plans on doing after high school, especially since receiving his acceptance letter from UTSA, where he plans on attending, as it is affordable and has a good engineering program. It is also close to his home, where he plans on living while in school until about his senior year.

“I want to live near my family when I graduate from college,” Medina said. “Preferably never as neighbors, though.”